Taking that first step into seeking help and getting therapy doesn’t have to be daunting. I know, I’ve been there, I’ve been through it – every Tuesday afternoon for 52 weeks, actually. And today’s guest, Alexandra Wright, was my therapist, with whom I shared my journey through self-discovery and addressing my own traumatic issues.
Alexandra’s approach to therapy sees her meeting clients where they are right now in their lives and helping them work through issues from their past. She’s qualified in a number of therapeutic practices that will help you get to the root of your trauma in a way that suits you best.
Have you suffered from trauma as a child? How did you choose your therapist? Do you know what the right type of therapy for you is? Please let me know in the comments on the episode page.
In This Episode:
- How to know when you need to start going to therapy
- Why it’s important to clear out your metaphorical closet in order to learn how to love yourself unconditionally
- What EMDR is and how it relates to trauma protocol
- How to turn a negative event into a positive thought
- What to do when you’re stuck in fight or flight mode
- How to find a therapist who is worth your time, energy, and investment
- What you need to know about the different therapy styles and how to choose what is best for you
“If there is a shortcut to therapy, it’s to get back to who you are and who you were originally meant to be when you came into the world.” 3:52
“No child should ever have to protect themselves in society.” 19:48
“My faith in humanity is restored when my clients start to heal.” 21:10
“Just admit: I am awesome because I’m here and I’ve survived all the things that have happened to me to do what I am doing in this world, to be who I am in this world.” 52:08
Wright Counseling Seattle
3245 Fairview Avenue East
Seattle, WA 98102
tel: (206) 229 5583